- Directed - This is the traditional call parking feature where the person that performs the park simply transfers the caller to a Call Park Orbit. The orbit (also called a queue) must be pre-existing and must be empty in order for the parking attempt to work.
- Dynamic - In this scenario, the person that performs the park will dial *** and the system will transfer the caller to any available orbit (the parker does not need to know the location of the orbit or if orbit is available or not). After receiving ***, the system will announce the orbit location.
Create Call Park Queue
- Log into your PBX Portal as a manager
- Click on Call Queues
- Click on Add Call Queue
- Fill out the form with the following:
- Name: Can be any word(s) that is descriptive of the purpose
- Extension: The extension must be between 700 and 799. (Queues in 720-799 have Ringback enabled). This number range is reserved for Directed Call Park Orbits in the system.
- Type: Select Call Park
- Click on Add
- Repeat the steps above for each additional parking orbit you wish to use
Configure the Phone
Follow the links below to configure the phone you are using
Once the queue has been created and an MPK key has been configured as above, you may park any active call to the queue by transferring the caller to the MPK key or directly to the extension number of the parking orbit.
To retrieve a call, any user may touch the MPK Key, or simply dial the Park Retrieve prefix (*55) and the Call Park Queue extension (eg. *55712)
Change ring time of Call Park User with Ringback (Ext 720-799)
- Go to Users
- Uncheck Hide System Users
- Select the Call Park User with Ringback
- Go to Answering Rule under the Call Park User
- Change the Ringtime to your prefer timeout.