"Thank you for calling OIT Demo Company. if you know the extension you'd like to reach you may dial it at any time. For accounting, press 1. For sales, press 2. For support, press 3. To hear our company directory press 9. Otherwise please stay on the line and you will be connected with an operator."
Create Auto Attendant
- Using any web browser log into your PBX Manager
- From the top navigation click on Auto Attendants
- Click on Add Attendant
- In the popup fill out the following information:
- Name: Enter any descriptive name. Best practice is to prefix your name with AA. Only use alpha numeric characters. No special characters.
- Extension: Enter any unused extension number from 5004 to 5999 as per Reserved Number Space guide. You will see a green or red icon telling you if the extension number is available.
- Time Frame: Choose your time frame. Best practice is to select default (all the time) and use the Call Routing user to route based on time.
- Select Default.
Please note that selecting other time frames is possible. However, you will not be able to route calls to the Auto Attendant outside of that time frame, and cannot change the time frame after the fact. The Auto Attendant will have to be recreated.
- Click Continue
Select AA Options
You will see an icon for each of the options a user may dial. To configure these options click on the respective icon and select one of the following:
- User: Transfer call to any user or extension.
- Conference: Transfer call to any conference bridge.
- Call Queue: Transfer call to any call queue.
- Directory: Plays a company directory with dial by name. Any users that have the "List Directory" option will be listed here.
- Voicemail: Sends call directly to a user's voicemail box. (Do not use "Enable Enhanced Voicemail")
- Voicemail Management: Allows caller to access any user's voicemail and change administrative options. Requires extension number and password for access.
- External Number: Do not use if on v1. See note.
- Play Message: Plays a recorded message, then gives you the option to transfer the caller.
- Repeat Prompt: Repeats Menu Prompt
- Add Tier: Adds another level of Auto Attendant menus
- Options: Additional options. You must have the number options set and saved before setting these.
- Dial by Extension: Allow dial by extension or not.
- In no key pressed: Option to follow if no key is pressed.
- If unassigned key pressed: Option to follow if a wrong key is pressed.
Select your options and click the Save button
Create AA Recording
Follow the instructions here to create a call recording
Script: "Thank you for calling OIT Demo Company. if you know the extension you'd like to reach you may dial it at any time. For accounting, press 1. For sales, press 2. For support, press 3. To hear our company directory press 9. Otherwise please stay on the line and you will be connected with an operator."
- Option 1: Select User and select extension for Accounting
- Option 2: Select User and select extension for Sales
- Option 3: Select User and select extension for Support
- Option 9: Select Directory
- Option 0: Select User and select extension for Operator
- Click Options
- Enable Dial by extension
- Set remaining options to follow option 9
- Click Done
- Click Save
You may now set your call routing user to send calls to your Auto Attendant per this guide.
- There is a current, known issue on v1 where setting an option of External Number does not function as expected. The workaround is to create a Call Forward user that is set to always send calls to an outside number. You may then set the Auto Attendant to send calls to this User as per normal practices.